Saturday 13 June 2009

Lazy Saturday Afternoon



Madly inspired by the works of V on Etsy I finally painted my first proper abstract! I used a picture I took on a Saturday afternoon when me and C decided to spend the day in Stephen's Green. To my horror, so did everyone in Dublin. C switched off with a book in the shade and I took my camera and, in an attempt to ignore all the sun and all the people, I took pictures of nearly every single flower/pigeon in the park.


I really enjoyed painting this one! I feel like painting a series of abstracts for the next couple of weeks. It will create a good balance with the series of charcoals I planned for next week (after loads of convincing and subtle diplomacy I managed to persuade C to pose for me).


Anyway, please feel free to comment!

3 comments:

LindaHunt said...

I love your paintings and especially your fabulous drawings! I have followed your work for a while now. It is nice to see that someone else gets frustrated with their paintings enough to smear paint all over them. It was a nice painting though!

Peter Tudhope said...

Hi just started following your site after checking it out from seeing your work on Artbreak. I love this work, and love that stage you get your work to just before the "tiny" brush comes out :))) Do you know David Bomberg and Denis Creffield? Might be worth a look for the brushwork and showing when to stop :)) Regards pete :)

pixelated said...

Thanks Peter! I think I just need somebody to stand over me the whole time and smack me whenever I even think of reaching for that damn tiny brush..